Monday, January 5, 2009

"It would be very glamorous to be reincarnated as a great big ring on Elizabeth Taylor's finger"

- Andy Warhol


Mr. Quiche and I had so much fun designing my ring. We both agreed that the ring didn’t need to be a surprise, as long as the proposal was (& was it ever!).


source
I absolutely love the Tiffany Legacy ring, and we used this as our inspiration.

I have long, skinny fingers & we saw this rectangle stone and fell in love. It is a cushion cut setting, surrounded by small diamonds & diamonds on all three sides of the band. I like that it sits up high so that the wedding band will fit flush against & under the engagement band. Taking the advice of Anne Ruthmann , I attempted to photograph my engagement ring as well. I used my Canon EOS Rebel DSLR, but am not that happy with the results (especially after seeing the pictures of other Bees and WB Readers! Yours are all fantastic!).



When I first showed Mama Quiche my ring, she exclaimed “It looks like the Eiffel Tower!”, which I hadn’t noticed. Quite appropriate for me, though ;)




I liked all of the silver and sparkles on my snowflake stocking holder!

I may be doing something wrong, so I am going to give it another go this weekend. It wasn’t very sunny the day I took these!

Are any of you having trouble with your close-ups?

No comments: