Thursday, January 15, 2009

Simply...Quotes

I am a lover of quotes. I want to find a way to incorporate quotes into my wedding day, but I am not exactly sure how to accomplish this.

A first place to start would be with our invitations. I’d like to have a short quote by one of my favorite authors, poets, songwriters (oh songwriters…you are truly magic), etc. at the top of our invitations. I love Paulo Coelho & can find inspiration in so many of his books. I also love Brian Andreas, one of my favorite, whimsical storytellers & artist.

Here are a few that I have in mind:

"The moment we begin to seek love, love begins to seek us." - Paulo Coelho

"One is loved because one is loved. No reason is needed for loving." - PC

"We sat side by side in the morning light & looked out at the future together." - Brian Andreas

Before I decided to hire an invitation designer (before we were even engaged, for that matter!), I wanted to use Brian Andreas’ Storypeople cards for our invitations. They have a Friendship Card Set with 4 different quotes and drawings. I liked the idea of having different "versions" of our invitation.


source

1. Just Friends - "I saw them standing there pretending to be just friends, when all the time in the world could not pry them apart."

2. Late Night - "In the end, I think that I will like that we were sitting on the bed, talking & wondering where the time had gone."

3. Real Reason - "There are things you do because they feel right & they make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here: to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good."

4. Kindred Spirits - "You're the strangest person I ever met, she said & I said you too & we decided we'd know each other a long time."

I planned to create and print simple invitation wording and then attach it to the inside of the card and include our own RSVP. Part of me still wants to do this, but the cost is a little more than we wanted to spend (& I have sample ideas from our designer in-hand and LOVE them! More on that soon!).

I love these custom candle holders:

source

So, 2 questions. Which quote do you like best for our invitations? What are some other ways that we could incorporate quotes into the day of our wedding?

No comments: