Tuesday, January 27, 2009

"A friend is someone who knows all about you..."

"...and loves you anyway!" - Author Unknown

How true! Even though we are having a smaller, destination wedding, I wouldn't even consider getting married without my best friends by my side. I am truly blessed to have such incredible sisters and girlfriends. My friends mean the world to me. I would feel comfortable calling any one of them at 3 a.m. if something was wrong. Or right, for that matter. Girls - I love you all!

Shall I introduce (all 7 of) them to you? (sidenote - sorry for Miss Quiche overload)

First off - my sisters


Sisters "Sis" & "Nen" are my backbone. They have pulled me up off the ground when I didn't think I could stand. They have been my biggest cheerleaders throughout my entire life. We are so much more than sisters - we are truly best friends. We don't fight. We get along with our fabulous mom. We rock, frankly.



Bridesmaid C and I met when I first moved to Chicago. She was technically my boss for a few years when we were working our little booties off on the golf course. We've both moved on from that job, but we are closer than ever. She truly epitomizes the title of this post. I am so lucky to have her in my life.



Bridesmaid L and I met years and years ago at camp, & then again through Sis a few years later. Another few more years went by & we both happened to work at the same club in Columbus. I guess you could say that we are destined to be together. We have lived together, laughed together, cried together. She is incredible.



Bridesmaid N and I also met at that first job upon moving to Chicago (with C), but we always seem to forget that! I feel like I've known her forever. From our life-saving Intelligentsia couch sessions to Dance Party USA to our slight foray into the world of Punk/Ska (scary concerts!), N is one of my favorite people ever.



Bridesmaid B and I met during Freshman Orientation at Ohio State. We had everything in common - the same major, same foreign language, her mom graduated from my high school & her dad taught at my junior high...but we grew up an hour from each other. We've been roomies and friends for years. We like to celebrate our anniversary with trips. It was 10 Years last summer!



Bridesmaid A and I met at the same party where Mr. Quiche and I met! We exchanged numbers at the first one, vowing to shop together. The next one rolled around 3 months later, we vowed to get together again & we finally did! Andrea is an invaluable person in my life & I am so lucky to have her as a friend.


Mr. Quiche didn't bat an eye when I told him I wanted 7 bridesmaids. I *think* (meaning - get on it, Mr. Q!) he's having 4 or 5 groomsmen, so one or two of the boys will have to walk back down the aisle with two of my girls. Who wouldn't want to do that, anyway?

I used to scoff at weddings with huge bridal parties, but now I realize how lucky those girls are to have so many best friends. How many bridesmaids are you having?

No comments: