Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Bonjour Hive!

Like all Bees before me, let me start off by saying how EXCITED I am to be here! When I found out that I was chosen to be the newest bee, I was at work & had to run into the presentation binding room to jump up and down & squeal! Stalking, err, perusing, Weddingbee is one of my favorite pastimes and I am honored to be here with all of you :)

My fiancĂ© and I decided that “Miss Quiche” suits me perfectly, as it is one of my signature dishes. I even make mini quiche for most soirĂ©es. And as you can probably tell, I am a bit of a Francophile (just call me Madamoiselle Quiche!). I studied in Lyon, France during college & it changed my life.

I am from Ohio and have been living in Chicago for the past 6 years. Ohio State is my alma mater, and I am a die-hard Buckeye fan. I am obsessed with interior design and one day (soon?) hope to work for myself full-time. My family and friends mean the world to me, and I wouldn’t be where I am today without them. I am a bookaholic & my life has been known to come to a screeching halt when engrossed in a great book (I’m talking to you, Edward Cullen, Anne Boleyn, Paulo Coelho, Jane Green and Jen Lancaster!). I tend to overuse ampersands & parenthetical phrases (but I can’t help it!).

Mr. Quiche and I met over 5 years ago and have been together for 4. He is an encore groom with 2 small children, which isn’t always easy, but we work through it - Together. He is truly my best friend & I can’t imagine spending my life with anyone else by my side. We are equals. We balance each other. We are in this together, for the long haul, and couldn't be more excited.

We are getting married in Jamaica, mon, & I can’t wait to share my wedding planning experiences with you, as I attempt to DIY our DW wedding.

No comments: