Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I admit it - I'm a sucker for these!

An interesting article popped up today posing the question "Do Romantic Comedies Spoil Our Love Lives"?

As a helpless lover of all things chick-flick/lit, this article intrigued me. I was hoping for a little "more" from the article, but even without reading it, you get the idea.


Even more helpless when said movie/book is British...

Do people have unrealistic expectations of love and relationships after watching this particular genre of movies? I, for one, feel like I can differentiate between real life and the movies...but I have to admit that I feel temporarily wistful after watching them. But I know that isn't reality (right?). And frankly, sometimes I feel like parts of my life and love are romantic-comedy material!

I wouldn't go so far as to say that they are "ruining" our love lives, but the concept is interesting. What do you think?

No comments: