Thursday, July 16, 2009

Ya Mon! Rehersal Dinner/Party/Bonfire!

Our rehearsal dinner, to put it mildly, kicked a$$. You may think I'm biased, but that statement was repeated over and over by our guests, not me. For me, the night of the rehearsal dinner was a big blur. Luckily, I have all of these amazing pictures from Ashley Colhouer to remind me what a great time I actually had!



My sister started off the night in typical Quiche family tradition - making everyone cry! She slaved over this amazing scrapbook that documented our engagement and wedding planning process leading up to the big day. We LOVE this book. Plus, it helps that she is like a scrapbooking goddess, so it is very creative & pretty :)





Thanks sis!

Then it was time to hit the bar for cocktails and listen to the awesome steel drum band that we hired for the evening. I've said it 100 times, and I'll probably say it 100 more - the staff at Coyaba are incredible! They just made everything so easy!



Guest picture
Our favorite bartender, Gladstone - love him!!



After we finished mingling, it was time to head down to the beach for our Jamaican BBQ.



The setup was perfect - bright, tropical linens topped with centerpieces of galvanized buckets full of Red Stripe and pineapples. This *may* have been my favorite part, but we only have one picture of it!


Guest picture

While we were eating, I handed out my bridesmaids gifts - Navy flip flops (to change into after dancing the night away), Pink Pashminas (in case the nights were chilly - they weren't) & I bought each of them a necklace (not for the wedding) while on my pre-wedding getaway trip to Paris. It took my mom and I hours to pick out these necklaces, they are all different...I didn't take a picture of them, either :( SO SAD!


Guest picture


Then, it was time for bonfire with Jamaican s'mores - essentially, a s'more with bananas :) I am sad to report that I didn't have one s'more the entire night! Again, it was just a big blur.


Carefully selecting the goodies...


Time to fire up the marshmallows!




The smart big kids even got in on the action!

The rest of the night was full of Red Stripe & Reggae - my kind of party!






Guest Picture



Mr. Quiche & I even snuck away for a quick photoshoot to take advantage of the lighting :)






Our coordinator was worried that the rehearsal dinner would steal the thunder (so to speak) from our wedding reception, but we weren't worried :) We loved having a big beach bash!

What are you doing for your rehearsal dinner?

Unless noted, all pictures by the super-fab Ashley Colhouer.

Previously in the Quiche Jamaican Extravaganza:
Ya Mon! Back to Reality
Ya Mon! “Goin’ to Jamaica & We’re, Gonna Get Maaa-arried”!
Ya Mon! Who Zip Lines Before Their Wedding?
Ya Mon! Reggae Sailing
Ya Mon! Practice Makes Perfect

No comments: