Thursday, July 9, 2009

Asking for your hand...

I was perusing Dear Abby (yet again...shameless!) & the topic of asking your girlfriends parents for "permission" to marry their daughter was heating up!

The reader responses were all over the board, of course. Some stated that they were independent women who have been succeeding on their own & would be downright insulted if their fiance asked her parents first. That to me is a bit ridiculous...insulted? I know it's old fashioned, but I like the tradition of the hubby-to-(hopefully)-be nervously approaching his girlfriends father (or mother, you get the idea), the anticipation of what is about to finally happen. I love it!

Mr. Quiche called my mom before he popped the question, and I thought it was very thoughtful & downright cute of him to do it! It made my mom happy too. When I called her after he proposed, she was practically bursting at the seams!


With Mama & Petey Quiche...a little wedding day teaser for you!

So hive, where do you stand? Is this a dated, irrelevant tradition? Did your fiance "ask" your parents before asking you?

Photo by the always awesome Ashley Colhouer

1 comment:

Mara (The Wedding Cabaret) said...

my hubby asked my parents first! :O)