Monday, August 10, 2009

Ya Mon! Strike a Pose: The Wedding Party

This week in the Quiche recaps - Portraits! Sorry for the boring-to-everyone-else-but-me posts, but I have to say that I LOVE portraits :) In the age of photojournalism style wedding photography (which I absolutely love as well!), the fact we were able to get the best of both worlds with Ashley made me happy.

First up, our awesome wedding party. We are so lucky to have such amazing friends that travelled all the way to Jamaica to stand by us on our wedding day. I can't imagine saying "I do" without these people by our sides. They love and support our marriage 110% and will always be there for us. Can you feel the love?






Why my arm tends to be in the air in so many pictures, I will never know...


Behind the scenes shot that I love!

The boys then gathered on the altar for a group shot. What a great looking bunch of guys!




Mr. Quiche & his best man


With GM B-Fresh

It was hard for to get a picture of just the girls together! Mr. Quiche kept joining in! Oh well, I guess we'll let him. It was his wedding, afterall ;) and he loves my girls!





Finally :) Even if it is a Blue Steel shot (which you may have noticed that I tend to shout this out quite often. I am working on it, as it isn't a good look for me at all!).



While we were posing and looking pretty, the boys were kind enough to do some action shot testing for us.


DJ Nilly gets some serious air!



Okay, I lied. This was actually their idea and their "thing" which I insisted on being a part of.

Attempt # 1 - good, but not great. We're just warming up!


Attempt # 2 - karate time!


This picture is my favorite of all, and became our thank you card!



Okay, one more behind-the-scenes shot - I love these!



& there you have it - Part 1 of 3 portrait posts! Thanks for sticking with me :)

What about you? Do you like a mix of posed portrait shots and candids?

All pictures by Ashley Colhouer.

____________________________________________
Previously in the Quiche Jamaican Extravaganza:
Ya Mon! Back to Reality
Ya Mon! “Goin’ to Jamaica & We’re, Gonna Get Maaa-arried”!
Ya Mon! Who Zip Lines Before Their Wedding?
Ya Mon! Reggae Sailing
Ya Mon! Practice Makes Perfect
Ya Mon! Rehearsal Dinner/Party/Bonfire
Ya Mon! Jamaican Mornings
Ya Mon! Getting Pretty
Ya Mon! Crewcuts Model (aka Boys Getting Ready)
Ya Mon! The Dress, The Dress, The Dress!
Ya Mon! Our First Look & The Attack of the Veil!
Ya Mon! The Ceremony Begins...
Ya Mon! The Ceremony Continues

1 comment:

Jen said...

GORGEOUS Photos!! I love that last jumping one - it really came out great!!