Sunday, August 30, 2009

Ya Mon! The Reception Continues & The First Dance(s)

Dances, you ask? Why yes, there was certainly a lot of dancing going on at the Quiche reception. As a matter of fact, the dancing began before the dancing was "supposed" to begin - during dinner! A slight mix-up with our Dell-to-MacBook playlist conversion resulted in a few songs that were, um, out of order. No worries!

When my and Mr. Q's favorite Tim & Faith duet started playing, we knew we had to get up and karaoke. Yes, I quasi-karaoked at my wedding. SCARY! But fun :)


*
I used my Red Stripe as my mic, Mr. Q used a butter knife....classy...

Knowing that most people would want to dance dance, I only chose few slow songs. I emailed our married guests a sly note feigning exasperation at picking our first dance song & asking what their first dance was in order to get some suggestions ;) Those songs ended up being our slow songs of the night - it was really sweet.

Mr. Q's cousin (& our yogi/videographer) and her husband hadn't danced to "their song" since their wedding day 14 years ago!


*
LOVE these two!

& occasionally, a song would come on that require us to shake it. So, we did!


*


*


Now that we were nice & warmed up for Dance Party USA via Jamaica, it was time to cut the cake & dance our (second) first dance.

What do you think? Did we smash cake all over each other?



Um, NO.




It's a popular song these days, but this song has been a mantra for us for many years. Better Together. Jack Johnson is one of the best singer/songwriters out there & his music is always filtering through our house.

"There's no combination of words/ I can put on the back of a postcard
No song that I could sing / but I could try for your heart
Our dreams - they are made out of real thingshttp://www.blogger.com/logout.g
Like a shoebox of photographs / with sepia-tone lovin'




Love is the answer at least / for most of the questions in my heart
Like "Why are we here" and "Where do we go / and "How come it's so hard"
It's not always easy / and sometimes life can be deceiving
I'll tell you one thing / it's always better when we're together




"It's always better when we're together
Yeah, we'll look at the stars when we're together
Yeah, it's always better when we're together"




"I believe in memories / they look so, so pretty when I sleep
Hey now, and when I wake up / you look so pretty sleeping next to me
But there is not enough time / There is no, no song I could sing
and there is no combination of words I could say
but I will still tell you one thing
We're Better Together"


Next up, everyone else gets down!

Pictures, unless noted by a *, by Ashley Colhouer.

____________________________________________
Previously in the Quiche Jamaican Extravaganza:
Ya Mon! Back to Reality
Ya Mon! “Goin’ to Jamaica & We’re, Gonna Get Maaa-arried”!
Ya Mon! Who Zip Lines Before Their Wedding?
Ya Mon! Reggae Sailing
Ya Mon! Practice Makes Perfect
Ya Mon! Rehearsal Dinner/Party/Bonfire
Ya Mon! Jamaican Mornings
Ya Mon! Getting Pretty
Ya Mon! Crewcuts Model (aka Boys Getting Ready)
Ya Mon! The Dress, The Dress, The Dress!
Ya Mon! Our First Look & The Attack of the Veil!
Ya Mon! The Ceremony Begins...
Ya Mon! The Ceremony Continues
Ya Mon! Strike a Pose: The Wedding Party
Ya Mon! Strike a Pose: The Family
Ya Mon! Strike a Pose: The Bride & Groom
Ya Mon! Flowers & DIY Details
Ya Mon! The Reception Begins

No comments: