Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Wedding bling!

Great news! We have our disk of images back from our photographer! You cannot imagine my and Mr. Q's excitement. We look at them every. single. day.(!) Since it will take me a looong time to not only a) figure out how the heck I'm going to organize and blog my thoughts and experiences from the wedding, but also b) decide which pictures to use, I've decided to go back in time and blog about things that I didn't have time to do prior to the wedding. & if you happen to get a glimpse or two of wedding pics, well, so be it!

Let's start with jewelry. From the beginning, I had this image in my mind of what I wanted my necklace to look like. Dainty. dainty, dainty silver chain. Somewhat long-ish. Incorporate pearls and crystals. I searched etsy until my fingers bled, then decided to try my luck with Alchemy. I listed those previous requirements & added that I wanted to look like it was "floating" around my neck. A lot of great jewelry designers replied, but somehow A Finishing Touch was able to decipher my babbling thoughts and turn them into an awesome reality (sidenote - the necklace is now a design available in their shop for anyone to purchase! yeah!).

We went back and forth a few times, as they were open to whatever thoughts I had. Finally, this lovely image was sent to me, and I was sold!




& see? It's "floating"!



Big earrings with this necklace and my dress just wasn't cutting it, so I decided to wear my simple diamond studs that Mr. Q bought for me a few birthdays ago. They complemented everything quite nicely, no?

href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEh2QAuj0k4IEImwSSdLv3InD1UBq64J-Oz-LCh4GA_1B8R3Jahwx61MVTgjTIJnYX0L48EY-1e8XHgN0O91CJXhWwcFB9nN-Q-7QqS2VvmV49pGc0wuZB8mUP4R53KKRuLTDGL4ZfXAjbuh/s1600-h/GettingReady_069.jpg">
Unless noted, all photos by Ashley Colhouer



2 days before leaving for Jamaica, I realized that I hadn't finalized my Something old, new, borrowed & blue. I figured I had 3 covered (& more on those soon!), but something borrowed still escaped me. I sent out an email to some of my girls for a bracelet, to no avail. We all decided that I didn't need a bracelet, so at the last minute (as in the MORNING of the wedding) BM Laura saved the day and let me wear her dainty diamond ring. She's had it since our good ol' Ohio State days & I've always loved it. I was thrilled to wear it! Unfortunately, I don't have an up close picture of it. :(

How did you choose your wedding bling?

No comments: