Monday, February 9, 2009

Say hello to my little friends



Invitations. Sweet, sweet invitations. I know there are a lot of invitation and paper lovers out there, and I am no exception. As DIY Brides, we labor over these little pieces of our heart. Agonizing over multipule shades of navy blue. Choosing textured paper over smooth. Lining up everything just so until we're cross eyed. And eventually, we end up with our suite of goodies.

The design of our invitation and RSVP card was so painless, it almost didn't seem real. That something wedding-related could go this smoothly? Wow! I owe it all to the incredible Karen of mtkdesigns. I found her on Etsy & she has been an absolute dream to work with. From our logo & invitations, to our upcoming programs & menus, I can honestly say hiring her was one of my best decisions to date.

For those of you who want to DIY your paper goods, but need an expert for the design, hiring a graphic designer is the way to go. Karen just emailed me proof after proof until we got it exactly right, then I took the files and printed out everything myself. I saved sooo much money doing it this way. **I also just noticed that our invitation is now available for others to customize - the "Preppy" invite - yay!

I can't wait to reveal all of our invitation details to you, but for now, I wanted to share little snippets of the (almost) finalized product.



I promise to go into the details soon - I want to put them in the mail this week!

No comments: