Monday, November 17, 2008

So many STD options…

Since we are having a destination wedding, I initially thought it would be pointless to send Save the Dates. Why not just send the invitation with all of the information so that everyone could get their trip booked? Ted actually stepped in and said that we “have to send Save the Dates. The invitations can’t go out until February”. Okay, I thought – he wants to do STD’s, we will do STD’s!

Then I and my indecisive brain took over and I couldn’t. decide. on. ANYTHING! Panic set in when I realized that this was only Step 1 of wedding planning & if I couldn’t make up my mind on these, what could I make my mind up on? Wouldn’t this set the tone for the entire wedding? I did some googling around and decided that if other couples can have fun with their STD’s (ha), than so can we!

I initially liked the idea of sending a postcard. After playing around with pictures on Photoshop that we took on our “research” trip, I came up with a black and white burnished picture of the beach (v. cool, in my opinion):



and a Pop Art poster of Ted and I (that I can no longer find since Flickr has changed their photo editing software! Grr to you Picnik!).


We took a quick picture using iPhotoBooth as an example.

I liked both of them, but I couldn’t help but think that there was something more fun and unique that we could do.

Stay tuned for our final Save the Date choice!

What about you – did you play around with multiple formats/layouts until you found “the one”?

1 comment:

Angela said...

I seriously made like 15 save the dates until I picked the one I wanted. And the one I picked ended up taking less than 10 minutes to make! Good luck, cant wait to see what you pick!