Tuesday, November 18, 2008

My So-Called Preppy Wedding

Tropical location or not, I will do everything in my power to have preppiness incorporated into as many aspects of the wedding that I can. One place where this was easy to do was the bridesmaids dresses. You see, I love seersucker. Love it. However, the quest for seersucker bridesmaid dresses isn’t easy or cheap. The one site I found them on was ridiculously expensive (for COTTON, people!) & not exactly the style I was envisioning.


source
I wasn’t crazy about the striped fabric for the wedding.

I knew from the beginning that I wanted navy blue dresses for my girls. Perfectly preppy, crisp, and it is one of my favorite colors. The search for “Navy Seersucker Dresses” took me to good ol’ target.com & that’s when I found the perfect dress:



& at $39 bucks, you can’t beat it!



Check out that saddle stitch grosgrain ribbon! Love it, love it.

Even though I had only been engaged for a month, I sent the link out to all of my girls & they all bought it within 2 days (thanks for being timely!).

Did you find your bridesmaid dresses at an unexpected, yet ultimately perfect, location?

No comments: