Thursday, March 5, 2009

In love with makeup…

I love makeup. My superfabulous friend Karrie? loves it even more.






How lucky am I to have a friend with this stash? 3 tackle boxes full of incredible makeup.


When I was home in Ohio over the weekend (Ohio shower & “bachelorette” party – more on that later!), I was able to have my makeup and hair trial. My friends have incredible talent & will be my friendors for the wedding.

So first, I’ll tell you about our makeup trial run. Karrie is an incredible makeup artist (even though she does something completely different for a living. We keep trying to get her to capitalize on her artistic talents!) & I always knew I would want her to do mine for the wedding. We had lots of practice in college, so she knows my skin, what I like/don’t like, etc.

My "everyday" look, taken at my shower that afternoon:

Hi Mama Quiche!

& the final results:




& later in the night (with my personal makeup artiste!):


I love the way it photographs. As a lover of makeup, I still wanted it to be pretty soft and natural, to fit in with our surroundings. If I were having a glam, night wedding, you can bet I’d have her do a dramatic look.

To keep me looking like myself, only enhanced in all the right places, Karrie used:

Base: Bare Esscentuals “Light” brushed all over

EYES
Mascara: Dior Show in Black (seriously, now my favorite mascara. Go buy it.)
Base: Bobbi Brown Long Wear Cream Shadow in “Ballet Pink”
Browline & Inner Eye: Christian Dior Eye Show in “White Light Disco”
Lid: Christian Dior Eye Shadow in “Blooming Pink:
Crease: Christian Dior Eye Shadow in “Brown Sequins”
Eyeliner: Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in “Chocolate Shimmer Ink” (upper lid)
Bobbi Brown Creamy Eye Pencil in “Taupe” (lower lid)

EYEBROWS
Eyebrown Enhancer (as mine can disappear): Brows in Bloom

CHEEKS/BRONZER
Blush: Bobbi Brown Blush in “French Pink”
Brozer: Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder in “Light”
GlowFusion Micro-Tech Intuitive Bronzer in “Luminous”

LIPS
Base: Carmex (I can’t live without it!)
Gloss: Trish McEvoy Gloss in “Simply Marvelous” (also something I wear everyday)

Wow, that was a mouthful! I felt so pampered during the process & can’t wait to have it done again on our big day!



Do you have any friendors? What are they graciously doing for you?

No comments: