Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Bridal Shower & “Bachelorette Party”, Round 1

Due to the fact that my mom, sisters & I are all very busy gals, the only weekend we could all work out for my Ohio Wedding Weekend was at the end of February. And what a weekend it was!


Miss Quiche the Cannibal!


My aunt and cousin are unable to travel to Jamaica for our wedding, so they graciously offered to host my wedding shower as a gift to us. Lisa and I were very close growing up, and it meant so much to me.


Cousin and Auntie Quiche & I



Lots of food. Lisa was thrilled to be able to use all of the adorable serving platter and bowls that she received from her wedding two years ago…and finally used for the first time! :)


Before I was engaged - I’ll admit it – I scoffed at “traditional” wedding showers - oohing and ahhing over coffee pots & enough toilet paper to bring back high school memories of laying flat in the back of a truck in the middle of the night to TP your “crush”. I also admit when I am wrong. I couldn’t WAIT for the shower & it was a blast. Toilet paper and all ;)


With my niece (& flower girl!), Little Miss B.

Two of my Chicago bridesmaids, Nicole & Andrea, road tripped with me & the 6 hour drive (full of Swedish Fish and 100 calorie snack packs) was something I will always remember. Plus, it was great to have almost all of my girls together again before the wedding!


The Buckeye girls! Karrie, Kori, Bridesmaid Laura, Leisha & Bridesmaid Bethany :)


All together now! Ooooh! Ahhh!! A coffee pot! ;)

After the shower, we all checked in to suites at the The Lofts, a hip, cool hotel downtown (read a great review here. I agree – I do LOVE Columbus). One thing that hasn’t changed from my pre-engagement days is my loathing for “traditional” bachelorette parties with peni*es (I can’t even type it!) and the like. Bridesmaid Bethany knows me like I know myself and organized a fun dinner at Due Amici followed by a night of singing and dancing at The Big Bang. I absolutely love piano bars & The Big Bang was a blast.


One lucky Quiche with friends and family


Bethany & I


Okay, so they managed to get the “bachelorette” on stage to sing to me. I was then practically booed off the stage & was told I was the “shyest bride they’ve ever seen” after I refused to smack some random dudes behind. Whatever. Some of the other girls took care of that for me ;)


Thank you, thank you.


Chicago BM Andrea & I




The Quiche Ladies :)

I say this all the time & I will say it again. I am so blessed to have such an amazing group of friends. Each one has contributed to my life in a positive way & I am who I am today because of them. I love you girls!

Did you have a non-bachelorette bachelorette party?

No comments: